Earlier this year, Gov. Hogan endorsed and raised $500,000 for Pennsylvania Gubernatorial candidate Scott Wagner - a Republican who denies climate change, wants to repeal Obamacare, supports drilling on state lands, wants to lay off teachers, and opposes a woman’s right to choose.
Scott Wanger was recently recorded going on an anti-Semitic rant against George Soros:
Governor Hogan helped Wagner raise more than $500,000 in his bid for the Pennsylvania State Capitol. Hogan says he is a different kind of Republican, but he put his full weight behind the worst kind of Republican extremist. Wagner has called Donald Trump "a visionary," and echoed Trump's comments about being fair to neo-Nazis in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Charlottesville.
Wagner also holds outrageous views on:
• Climate change. In a speech to a natural gas industry group, he said: “I haven’t been in a science class in a long time, but the Earth moves closer to the sun every year… We’re moving closer to the sun. We have more people. You know, humans have warm bodies. So is heat coming off?”
• Obamacare. On a tele-town hall in March, he called it “a very large problem,” and said “I very much want to see Obamacare repealed.”
• Drilling on state lands. In the same speech to a natural gas industry group, he said: “There’s a huge difference between an active environmentalist and an environmental activist… I am in favor of drilling on state lands.”
• Public education. In 2015, he said: “If we laid off 10 percent of the teachers in the state of Pennsylvania, we’d never miss them.”
• Choice. This year, he co-sponsored a bill that would have banned abortions at 20 weeks with no exceptions for rape or incest.
Marylanders deserve better than a "leader" who endorses hateful and discriminatory speech. Add your name to the list of Marylanders who think Hogan should denounce Wagner's anti-semitic comments and revoke his endorsement of this bigot: