Larry Hogan is hitting the national GOP fundraising circuit this week to support a Republican who denies climate change, wants to repeal Obamacare, supports drilling on state lands, wants to lay off teachers, and opposes a woman’s right to choose.
Maryland Matters – the premier site for news about Maryland government and politics – reports Hogan will travel directly from the Republican Governors Association conference to York, Pennsylvania, to support Scott Wagner for governor. Tickets are running as high as $25,000 for the chance to rub elbows with Larry Hogan at the closed-door event which will be held at an exclusive, members-only country club.
Wagner holds outrageous views on:
• Climate change. In a speech to a natural gas industry group, he said: “I haven’t been in a science class in a long time, but the Earth moves closer to the sun every year… We’re moving closer to the sun. We have more people. You know, humans have warm bodies. So is heat coming off?”
• Obamacare. On a tele-town hall in March, he called it “a very large problem,” and said “I very much want to see Obamacare repealed.”
• Drilling on state lands. In the same speech to a natural gas industry group, he said: “There’s a huge difference between an active environmentalist and an environmental activist… I am in favor of drilling on state lands.”
• Public education. In 2015, he said: “If we laid off 10 percent of the teachers in the state of Pennsylvania, we’d never miss them.”
• Choice. This year, he co-sponsored a bill that would have banned abortions at 20 weeks with no exceptions for rape or incest.
Add your name to the growing list of Marylanders who understand that Larry Hogan is just another spineless politician – and are disappointed to see a Maryland Governor lend support to a candidate who is so offensive to our Maryland values.